Job Title: Staff Accountant/Benefits Administrator
The Joinery, Portland’s iconic furniture manufacturer, is looking for a strong part-time Staff Accountant/Benefits Administrator at our Woodstock location. This position will require approximately 25 hours per week with a flexible work schedule. The key responsibilities include:
- Producing monthly financial statements with variance analysis.
- Reviewing the general ledger and reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Establishing strong internal procedures and control systems.
- Processing payroll with third party.
- Completing bank reconciliations and managing cash.
- Supervising the Accounting Assistant.
- Administering various benefits programs including 401(k), medical and dental.
What we expect from you:
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Strong knowledge of benefits administration.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in accounting and benefit administration.
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Office; experience with ERP system preferred.
- Associates degree in Accounting; Bachelors preferred.
Experience with inventory management, COGS and Crystal Report writing a plus.
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary and benefit package.
- The opportunity to develop your career as part of a great team.
- A collaborative work environment where teammates are committed to building a better world through leading edge business practices.
Thank you for your interest in The Joinery!