Job Title: Master or Journeyman Electric Solar Installer
SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and safer world. So we’re tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school, and business at a time. To this end, we make going solar easy and affordable so that all Vermonters together can take part in creating a healthier environment.
About This Position:
SunCommon is looking for either a Master or Journeyworker Electric Solar Installer that will work as part of an installation crew and will be responsible for overseeing electrical work on SunCommon’s solar installations (primarily ground mounts).
Essential Job Functions:
This position will:
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Interconnect Inverter and other AC components as specified by design and appropriate codes and regulations
- Install module array interconnect wiring, implementing measures to disable arrays during installation.
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Test and commission equipment, such as inverters and data acquisition system.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Install required labels on solar system components and hardware.
- Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Adeptly communicate with customers and staff the status of each job.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following requirements:
- 3 or more years of solar installation experience preferred.
- Must have a Vermont Electrical License (to operate as either a Master or Journeyman electrician).
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Experience inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Experience setting up monitoring for solar arrays.
- Experience analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Keeping up-to-date on electrical code and solar installation technology, and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Experience providing information to customers, supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Experience running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment
- Experience developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Experience getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ability to travel across Vermont to perform installations.
- Experience performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Commitment to SunCommon’s purpose and vision.