Job Title: Digital and Marketing Support Assistant
SunCommon is a Benefit Corporation that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and safer world. So we’re tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school, and business at a time. To this end, we make going solar easy and affordable so that all Vermonters together can take part in creating a healthier environment.
About This Position:
The Digital/Marketing Support Assistant is a full time (40 hours per week) 6-month opportunity.
This position and its responsibilities can be divided into three projects. 1. Working with the Digital Marketing team on SEO efforts, site cleanup, content development and some social media account management. 2. Supporting the Community Organizer team with digital communications, including posting events and sending emails. 3. Printing, cutting, folding and/or prepping physical assets associated with Organizer events. This could be posters, flyers, table toppers, or other similar items.
The individual in this role will gain valuable experience with digital and traditional marketing tactics as a tool to both drive online engagement and support the efforts of a marketing staff out in the field. This position requires strong organization skills. It requires creativity to repurpose existing content for our social media accounts and planning to ensure that event postings, emails and collateral are created on time and sent out. Time management, collaboration and ability to independently problem solve are essential for this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- On-page and off-page SEO work for the company, ranging from page clean up to outreach for building backlinks.
- Collaborate with direct marketing manager and copywriter in the implementation of new strategies and web structure changes. This includes keyword research and planning for SEO focused content.
- Help pull together assets and information to create customer stories which will be used to drive traffic back to SunCommon from social media and external blog sites.
- Management of several SunCommon accounts, including Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram and Houzz.
- Preparing and sending emails that correspond with Organizer events, including work in Pardot and Salesforce to create email lists.
- Posting events on the website and creating Facebook events. Creating Google forms or similar for RSVPs.
- Printing, cutting, and prepping physical materials for Organizer events.
- Understanding of basic digital marketing and customer acquisition strategies preferred.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus but not required: Google Business Solutions, WordPress, PHP, HTML/CSS, Tracking and Analytics Tools, Marketing Automation Software, Salesforce or similar CRMs and Social Media used for marketing purposes.
- Digitally savvy candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow-up skills
- Proactive problem solver, ability to understand context and given framework, then make informed decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook required
- Ability to learn other software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team