Required Education Level:
Job Title: HR Administrative Assistant
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing HR Administrative Assistant with a passion for and interest in multiple aspects of the Human Resources field. The ideal candidate is capable of working autonomously and assisting in more complex HR duties, like posting job ads, coordinating interviews and contacting candidates. The ideal candidate should be able to ensure our HR department is organized and operates efficiently to attract, hire and retain our employees.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties;
- Maintain personnel records and manages all paperwork and filing, manages records retention;
- Support the Director of Human Resources and Sr. Human Resources Associate with day-to-day administrative support and projects;
- Manage the tracking for employee-required trainings;
- Collect personnel records from departments and employees, such as new policy sign offs;
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities;
- Assist in payroll related projects and tasks;
- Assist in new hire orientation and onboarding related tasks.
- Posts all positions to Rescue’s careers system and designated websites as necessary;
- Assists in executing the recruiting and hiring process and scheduling interviews;
- Assists in maintaining and updating the Applicant Tracking System and reports;
- Assists in regulatory compliance, especially regarding confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and forms management;
- May screen resumes and applications against the approved job descriptions for qualified candidates;
- May conduct initial phone screens to assess candidate qualifications;
- General assistance with the Human Resources / Operations department, as needed;
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 5 years relevant experience;
- Professional experience with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and Human Resources Information System (HRIS);
- Proven knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, particularly as they apply to new hires, terminations, recruiting, and records keeping;
- Proven ability to generate basic qualitative and quantitative reports;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information;
- Proven attention to detail;
- Flexible, self-starter who can work independently with strong attention to detail and has an interest in different aspects of Human Resources;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Proficiency with Mac and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Location: San Diego, CA
Status: Full-time Position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
Travel: Once per quarter or less
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer