Job Title: Customer Service Associate
Customer Service Associate
Waltham, MA – Greater Boston area (accessible by commuter rail and bus)
Preserve is a pioneering company with a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit. We seek a self-motivated and responsible individual to assist in a variety of tasks essential to the operation and success of our company. We are looking for a hard worker with a great attitude who values attention to detail. A sense of humor is a definite plus.
This hands-on position oversees Preserve’s online store and also supports a variety of departments. Key responsibilities of the position include:
Manage day to day responsibilities associated with running the Preserve online store, including:
- Review orders and pack boxes for online store fulfillment
- Mail product samples and information to customers, partners and press
- Perform inventory counts and maintain the stockroom
- Answer and transfer calls and respond to consumer inquiries
- Respond to customer emails about orders
- Train and supervise high school interns to assist with box packing
- Monitor online store analytics
- Research, analyze, and recommend products for sale at the online store in coordination with the Sales and Marketing team
Provide support for Customer Operations including:
- Work with the Customer Operations Manager to process wholesale orders, developing ownership for key order logistics steps
- Pack and ship in-house orders
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries associated with the Preserve and Gimme 5 brands.
Assist with other office duties as needed. Based on a candidate’s interests, this may include marketing and research projects among others.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Basic computer proficiency (Outlook email, internet, MS Word and Excel)
- Item packaging experience and knowledge of how to package items to avoid shipping damages
- Knowledge of sending international shipments is a plus
- Customer service communication skills
Candidate must be a team player who is flexible, thorough and able to work independently. Must be extremely well organized and show initiative in starting and following through on projects. Candidate must be physically capable to perform job functions including the ability to reach, bend, and lift 30 pounds.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits including 50% of healthcare insurance and policies to support quality of life (e.g., paid community service days, generous holiday schedule, access to public transportation). The salary is commensurate with experience for an Associate level role (typically someone in the first 5 years of their career).
The Preserve team pledges to offer plenty of high impact opportunities for a candidate to contribute to and learn about the workings of our fast growing, mission driven company.
The people we want to work with are:
- Team players with a positive, eager to get-it-done attitude
- Interested in working for a small company with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-motivated with an ability to work well under pressure
- Committed to socially and environmentally responsible business practices
Preserve (www.preserveproducts.com) is the leading producer of stylish 100% recycled household products. We turn yogurt cups into toothbrushes and take-out containers into cutting boards. Through innovations in recycling, environmentally responsible materials, and sustainable design, we’ve been finding more resourceful ways to make everyday products for the kitchen, table, and bathroom since 1996. Our company is powered by the recycling efforts of individuals and companies via our Preserve Gimme 5 program. Through this program, we accept #5 plastics that many US municipalities do not recycle—such as yogurt cups and other common household containers—transforming them into new Preserve products. All of our recycling and manufacturing is done in the USA. Preserve empowers people to make everyday choices that are better for the earth while offering real solutions without compromise. Preserve products can be found at forward-thinking retailers like Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe’s, Target, and a variety of grocery and natural food stores. Preserve is also a certified B Corp—a type of corporation that uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems (www.bcorporation.net Preserve is located in Waltham, MA and is easily accessible from public transportation.
Culture at Preserve
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit. We take action and believe strongly in calculated risks. We aim to take our work seriously, but also to laugh at ourselves. Underlying all that we do is a respect for each other and an acknowledgement that it is our unique experiences and perspectives that make us a stronger team. We are flexible but accountable. We work hard and play as often as we can, sharing potlucks, birthdays, and tossing a Frisbee after an outdoor meeting.
1. Include your resume
2. Include a cover letter that:
- Describes why you are the right person for the position
- Provides examples that demonstrate your qualifications
- Informs us of your availability and when you would be able to start
Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in Preserve!
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/17590?s=bc