Job Title: Project Manager
ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
Catchafire is looking for a self-motivated, problem-solving Project Manager to support day-to-day operations and projects on our products. The role will be focused on realizing Catchafire's goal to develop world-class products and launch them successfully to our audience of passionate volunteers and inspiring nonprofits.
Our dream project manager has had experience in a variety of software development methodologies with an emphasis on Agile (kanban, scrum, or others). He or she is a problem solver who cares about the well-being of the team, and communicates extremely well. The ideal candidate thrives in multidisciplinary teams, and can support the needs of design, product, technology, marketing, and customer service. He or she runs effective meetings with multi-disciplinary attendees, is well-versed in multiple project management methodologies and techniques and can tailor a process to a team's preferences.
- Ensuring team progress by helping to remove obstacles, smooth complexities and support decision making
- Organize and facilitate project timelines with team, including generating estimates for project complexity and duration
- Serve as point person for the project, coordinating activities across product, design, technology, marketing and customer service
- Plan and manage key project activities like scoping, release planning, QA, launch and communications
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
- Experience managing consumer-facing web application projects
- Demonstrable experience (3-5 years) managing projects using a variety of different styles (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the current technology environment (mobile & web)
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Incredible organization and time-management skills
- Proven history of taking initiative
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict-resolution skills
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include " Project Manager" in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What is your personal philosophy on work? This position is based in New York City.