Job Title: Material Handler
Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family and friends company. We take collective pride in creating unique, wonderful and organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship building. A job with Beau’s means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye rolling humour and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s All Natural. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends.
We are currently searching for a Material Handler for a full-time, hourly paid position at our Toronto warehouse.
The Material Handler is responsible for a variety of duties, including: loading, unloading and moving products and materials to the designated locations in the warehouse, and assisting in picking and placing materials orders. The Material Handler is also accountable for checking received orders and confirming that all inventory transactions are completed and documented. The Material Handler will be expected to be experienced with a forklift and a pallet truck. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manage all raw materials internally. These will be either “raw” unfinished components or ingredients of the beer.
- Ensure that the materials are in the right place at the right time and the system transactions through SAP match it.
- Follow, understand and promote safe working conditions at all times. Wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Manage all finished goods transaction of the beer from grain to shipment stage.
- Put away received materials to proper storage locations.
- Manage, release and complete production orders by working with production staff, the Production Manager, the Planner, the Supply Chain Manager, the Senior Buyer and the Distribution Manager.
- Confirm inventory transactions are complete.
- This role will be a key figure in the Operations department, ensuring the viability of the materials, their traceability and their correctness.
- Manage materials while in house, through cycle counts, random vetting of bin logic (organization of product) and continuous improvement.
- Organize inventory and maintain a tidy environment.
- Individual must have a forward-looking plan of development as it pertains to materials management at Beaus.
- Use a forklift and other industrial equipment moving products when needed.
- Pick material from warehouse for outbound orders, and ensure they are high quality materials being shipped.
- Participate in clean-up and maintenance.
- Maintain 5S systems.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working as a materials handler in a warehouse/shipping environment.
- Prior materials management experience and demand planning background an asset.
- APICS certification or post-secondary education in materials management is asset.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Forklift operator’s license.
- Experience with ERP/SAP systems is an asset.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills are a must.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of proper process, time management and above all else, accountability to the system, to the beer and to Beau’s sustainability.
- Able to operate a manual and an electric pallet truck.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- WHMIS certification.
- Following all safety procedures, regulations and wearing all required personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 50 pounds.
- Employee may be required to work in potentially hazardous environments which require protective equipment.
- Employee may be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals and high levels of noise.
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching, or sitting.
- Repetitive tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Shift work, weekends and overtime as required.
If the job description above sounds like you, please apply to the attention of Mike at careers @beaus.ca. We appreciate all applications; however only those that meet the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email to careers @beaus.ca and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the online application.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/16699?s=bc